Saturday, October 04, 2014

Sour and chilli crab

The big boss always ask me why I never cook anything with lobster or crab before..so in one of the groceries pick up, I bought 2XL size "ketam bunga". It cost around rm11. Alright this was my first time handling crabs. Good thing is that they are not alive. I believe these are frozen crabs. I looked upon YouTube for the way to clean crabs and followed exactly fearing the  crabs will suddenly wake up.

I settled down with a recipe that calls for sour and spicy flavor because this is not a live crab so steam is totally not a good choice.

Sauce ingredients
Small bowl of water
5Tbs ketchup
1 Tbs oyster sauce
2tbs chilli sauce
Fresh yogurts 4Tbs
1 tbs shaoxing wine

Other ingredients
Salt
Cleaned crabs
Cooking oil
Minced garlic
Minced ginger
1 egg beaten

Steps
1. Heat up 3 tbs oil in wok.
2. Saute garlic and ginger for about 10 seconds
3. Add in crabs
4. Simply stir for about 3 minutes
5. Mix the sauce ingredients except yogurts and pour  in the mixture into wok.
6. Close the lid and simmer for about 10 minutes
7. Add in yogurts and simmer for another 5 min
8. Add some salt as needed and egg
9. Stir for another 2 minutes and serve immediately with hot steaming rice

There you go.....!!

No comments: