I have a bag full of okras (ladies fingers) from my dad from the home trips. For the past days and weeks, I have been eating a lot sambal stir fried okras and it doesn't stay long this way. I am bored of tasting the same thing. At first I was thinking of making fish head curry but Weeliem did not favor that because there is not much to scrap out of a head. So I changed the recipe a little , fish curry. The other day we celebrated Malaysia Day by going to Tesco and bought ray fish. This is it, the hot lunch on a super hot day, with a lot of okras

Steps:
Process onions, shallots, garlic, dried chillies and cumin powder. (*1)
Cut fish into pieces and sprinkle salt onto them and let sit for about 10 minutes.
Heat oil and saute *1 until fragrant.
Put in fish curry powder and tamarind juice from soaking pulp in water for about 10 minutes.
Let the mixture boil
Add in fish, coconut milk and vegetables (okra cleaned and halved, tomatoes wedged) and salt to taste
No comments:
Post a Comment