Saturday, September 12, 2009

stir-fried tau-kua with pork

In one of my previous entry, Joan was asking for tofu recipe. I didn't make any tofu today but it is "tao kua", which I guess one type of tofu too. This morning started hot and humid. Although we have this blackout curtain the heat still penetrate through, maybe because our home is facing the morning sun and is high rise up without any blockage from building or tree. Anyway, after a while it began to pour. Not too heavy but just enough to keep my mouth shut for the day.

I dragged myself into the kitchen and checked what I have in the refrigerator to cook for today. I still have the old cucumber which mom gave me 2 weeks ago but there is no pork rib! I settled with chicken for the cooling soup tonight. Everything with wolfberries went into the crockpot for dinner. Now, what for lunch? I will just go with something simple as my food storage is almost to empty. There is this "tau kua" I purchased from Sunshine last week. I need to go to market to restock.


Fun starts here..

**************************

1. Cut 2 "tau kua" into cubes before frying. Fry the "tau kua" with ample of oil until the skin is golden in colour. Scoop and keep aside.




2. Slice about 100g pork into small pieces. Mix with 1 tbsp of corn flour and 2 tbsp of soy sauce.




3. Chop 2 shallots into fine pieces
4. Heat up 3 tbsp peanut oil and saute the shallots.
5. When shallots start to become fragrant gold, throw the pork in and stir fry until the meat is cooked.
6. Add in "tau kua", enough salt for taste, 2 tbsp oyster sauce and water
7. Simmer , sprinke pepper and dish out. Serve hot with rice



Something simple for Saturday afternoon.

4 comments:

josze said...

well this looks pretty simple even for me. i'll try this out once i get home!

Xweing said...

Your blog just became non-halal. HAHA!

pik lay said...

Joan: It is too easy to make any mistake. haha

Xwei: I have loh mai kai previously too.. there is pork in some previous posts... :) So it is not "just". It is always been like that. I just love pork too much I think. :D

Chiu Pin Teo said...

it feels good to have your own home!