Monday, August 10, 2009

beef stew recipe

There is a request for the beef stew I made few weeks ago when I was still under home quarantine. So I am posting it here simple and easy.

Mix 200g beef cubes in salt and pepper, coating them with 2 tablespoon of flour. Brown them in a pan of hot oil, until you see the outer layer becoming brown. Don't cook the meat yet.

Place the beef with minced garlic (5-6 cloves) into slow cooker. Add in 2 tomatoes cut into small piece. I didn't deseed the tomatoes. Add in 3 sticks of carrots (not baby carrots.. they are tasteless) cut into 2.5cmx2.5cm size and 2 large onions, cut apart 4 for each. Also don't forget 4 stalks of celery cut into pieces and 2 potatoes medium size cubed. Cover up all the stuff with beef broth about 4-5 cups I guess. I am lazy, so I used 1.5 beef cube from maggi. I made a rough estimation of the broth, so I could not tell you exactly how much liquid I added. Let the stuff simmers in slow cooker at "high". Then you can change it to "high and low mix" when you see there is bubble on top. Add salt, your preference when everything is ready in like 7hours until meat is tender.

For replacement of slow cooker, you can cook on top of gas stove, but toss the vegetable in oil a little till you get them browned before you start cooking. Check the fire from time to time, so you don't overburn the base of your pot. Use low fire though, should be tender is 4 hours or so...

OK got it? easy peasy..

3 comments:

josze said...

eh cook tofu la i want tofu recipe haha.

pik lay said...

I cook tofu too often.. So i dont feel it is any special. :P OK la.. if next round I cook tofu, I will post the recipe here.

Anonymous said...

Thanks pik lay!