Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rose apples

Jambu air or rose apple. Weeliem has been eyeing for this fruit the whole week. He looked at the plastic bag contained the rose apples on the kitchen top which belongs to my housemate and wished to gobble them off.

I went to the market this morning and saw the red fruits arranged in the fuit stall. Of course they caught my attention with their rose red colourbeside the green and yellow stairfruits and mangoes. I got them for a little surprise to the big boy who was still sleeping at home. I came home with rose apples and the other usual greenies and poultry.

We had two after lunch. They were so juicy, sweet and crunchy!

8 comments:

Fang Fang said...

are they are sweet as you? :-)

pik lay said...

Yes, they are and I always do. You are suchhhhh a sweetie pie:D

rage n roll said...

why not "rose Guava" ler?

pik lay said...

hehe.. I dont know.. rose apple is the english name. I tried google other names and seems like it can be called by

Common Names: Rose apple, Plum rose, Malabar plum.

Chiu Pin Teo said...

i had some of those in thailand. they were really sweet and crunchy too :)

V4Vendetta said...

Nice!!! THank U

pik lay said...

similar weather, similar fruits.

YOU ARE WELCOME V4Vendetta!

Anonymous said...

lazy bump.. please update